Join Our Team!
Click Here for Our Current Employment Opportunities!
Teachers has been a leading employer of Long Islanders since 1952, and has provided our communities with over 65 years of professional experience in financial wellness. As one of the country’s largest credit unions and one of the largest employers on Long Island, Teachers offers positions ranging from part-time staffers to executive leadership.
Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- You’ll work with hands-on leadership with a focus on making our members’ financial lives the best they can be.
- Teachers pays 100% of Vision & Dental Care as well as Major Medical at a shared cost for Full Time Employees.
- Through fundraising, financial lessons and volunteering efforts, we strive to make the places our members call home the best place to be.
- Tuition reimbursement is offered to full-time employees for both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- After one year of full time employment, staff are eligible for rate discounts off consumer loans, home equity loans and credit cards.
- All Staff are eligible for mortgage rate discounts on first mortgages upon hire.
- Teachers offers a match of up to 50% to the first 5% of an employee's contribution to the 401k.
- We’re thinking about your future: we offer a defined benefit pension plan and post-retirement medical plans.
- We pride ourselves on our preference to promote from within and are constantly learning, perfecting our skills and growing into the financial experts that our membership deserves.
Why We’re the Best Place to Work
TEAM Teachers takes great pride in living out the credit union philosophy of ‘People Helping People.’ Our team can be seen out in our communities volunteering, our monthly Jeans Days raise funds for local charities and so much more!
Our Sunshine Committee celebrates life events as well as engaging our employees with team motivating and morale boosting activities. Teachers believes that its strength comes from its employees and actively works to build on that principle.
The Wellness Committee is committed to promoting employee health and wellness both physically and mentally. They provide fun and educational events to encourage a healthy lifestyle that will help achieve optimal career and personal success.
Teachers offers a match of up to 50% to the first 5% of an employee's contribution to the 401k.
We are one of the few institutions that offer a defined benefit pension plan.
Teachers offers post-retirement medical plans, ensuring your golden years are worry-free.
We pride ourselves on our preference to promote from within.
Teachers Sunshine Committee helps staffers celebrate life events as well as promoting internal efforts to boost employees' morale. Teachers not only believes that its strength comes from its employees, but actively works to build on that principle.
Teachers Wellness Committee is committed to promoting employee health and wellness both physically and mentally. Their vision is to provide fun and educational events to encourage a healthy life style to achieve optimal career and personal success.
An AA / EOE Employer
Teachers is an EOE AA M/F/ Vet/Disability, Drug Free Environment.
Teachers Federal Credit Union is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a disabled individual or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in applying for any posted position, please contact us at 631-698-7000 Ext. 6964.